Modern, powerful web application framework for Node.js.
It is not just another framework. You do not have to wait for a large community, because Nest is built with awesome, popular well-known libraries - Express and socket.io! It means, that you could quickly start using framework without worrying about a third party plugins.
$ git clone https://github.com/kamilmysliwiec/nest-typescript-starter.git project $ cd project $ npm install $ npm run start
$ npm i --save @nestjs/core @nestjs/common @nestjs/microservices @nestjs/websockets @nestjs/testing reflect-metadata rxjs
Node.js gave us a possibility to use this language also on the server side. There are a lot of superb libraries, helpers and tools for node, but non of them do not solve the main problem - the architecture.
We want to create scalable, modern and easy to maintain applications. Nest helps us with it.
- Easy to learn - syntax is similar to Angular
- Compatible with both TypeScript and ES6 (I strongly recommend to use TypeScript)
- Based on well-known libraries (Express / socket.io) so you could share your experience
- Supremely useful Dependency Injection, built-in Inversion of Control container
- Hierarchical injector - increase abstraction in your application by creating reusable, loosely coupled modules with type injection
- Own modularity system (split your system into reusable modules)
- WebSockets module (based on socket.io)
- Reactive microservices support with messages patterns (transport via TCP / Redis)
- Exceptions handler layer
- Testing utilities