It is not just another framework. You do not have to wait on large community, because Nest is built with awesome, popular well-known libraries - Express and socket.io! It means, that you could quickly start using framework without worrying about a third party plugins.
$ npm install --save nest.js
Node.js gave us a possibility to use this language also on the server side. There are a lot of superb libraries, helpers and tools for node, but non of them do not solve the main problem - the architecture. They just helps us to create faster, easier and produce cleaner code.
We want to create scalable, modern and easy to maintain applications. Nest is a solution.
- Reactive microservices support with messages patterns (transport via TCP / Redis)
- Compatible with both TypeScript and ES6 (I strongly recommend to use TypeScript)
- Based on well-known libraries (Express / socket.io) so you could share your experience
- Easy to learn - syntax is similar to Angular / Spring (Java)
- Dependency Injection, built-in Inversion of Control container
- Exceptions handler layer (helps to focus on logic)
- Own modularity system (split your system into reusable modules)
- WebSockets module (based on socket.io)
- Testing utilities
Author - Kamil Myśliwiec